Modular Construction Turkey3 November 2022
Modular Construction in Turkey
Module-T is one of the largest and most successful manufacturers of modular constructions in Turkey. For the last 15 years, we have designed, produced, and supplied prefabricated modular structures for commercial use across the globe. You can now find our prefabricated buildings and solutions in 120 countries on 6 continents. But what is modular construction? And what are the advantages of ordering modular buildings in Turkey from Module-T?
What is Modular Construction?
Modular construction is a manufacturing process where the building is made in sections off-site, in our controlled factory environment in Istanbul, then flat-packed and shipped to its location for use. Therefore, construction can be completed in nearly half the time while using the same materials and design requirements as conventionally constructed structures.
Module-T uses state-of-the-art technology and high-precision engineering to ensure all the “modules” adhere to local and international building codes and regulations. Our constructions are designed to be strong, secure, and capable of standing up to extreme climatic conditions, making them suitable for use in most environments, even challenging and remote locations. The quality of our products, the price, and the speed at which we can produce and ship them to the site have led us to be one of the leading modular construction companies in Turkey and abroad.
The Types of Modular Construction
Module-T produces two types of modular constructions in Turkey, permanent and temporary.
Permanent Modular Constructions (PMC) are prefabricated stand-alone, multi-storey, or linked buildings that are delivered in sections, assembled, and then stay at the location. These structures are built in our factory in Turkey, customised to suit your purpose, and then erected on-site. They generally require a firm cement foundation, yet they can still be delivered and assembled quickly in just a few days. These modular solutions save you considerable time, money and on-site disruption compared with a traditional build.
Temporary Modular Constructions (TMC) are prefabricated buildings designed to be moved, repurposed, and relocated. These structures come in a wide variety of standard designs and can be tailored to almost any purpose. Temporary modular constructions require minimal foundations and can often be placed on a flat surface or simple concrete base. They can stand alone, be stacked, or be placed side by side to create more space on any temporary site.
Popular Modular Construction Products in Turkey
Module-T manufactures various prefabricated buildings for use in Turkey and abroad. Our product range includes:
- Office Containers that can be permanent, temporary, singular, or joined, and most commonly used on construction, mining, and industrial sites as commercial or sales offices
- WC and Sanitary Containers to cater to your employees’ hygiene needs
- Accommodation Containers that can be joined to a locker or sanitary container to create a safe, comfortable living environment for staff on workcamps or remote building sites
- Locker Containers so staff or players can change in comfort at industrial sites, sports stadiums, schools, and football pitches
- Portable Guardhouses and Kiosks for use as security booths on site
- Container Shops that quickly address your commercial and point-of-sale needs
- Flat-Pack Showroom Containers for use as sales offices on forecourts
Why Use a Modular Construction?
Modular buildings provide an innovative, cost-effective, and time-saving way to create the additional space you need. Prefabricated buildings are typically far more durable and energy-efficient than traditional structures because they are engineered to your requirements and made to withstand the rigours of transportation, assembly, future relocation, and harsh weather conditions.
There are many advantages of prefabricated modular constructions. These include:
- Quick to Construct: Modular constructions and prefabricated buildings take far less time to construct than traditional buildings, saving you money and time.
- On-site Safety: Most of the manufacturing process of a modular building is done in a factory, in a safe and controlled environment where the quality and conditions are supervised, dramatically reducing the risk of on-site injury and accidents.
- Reduction in Carbon Emissions: Modular construction has a lower carbon footprint because the structure is made from high-quality steel, and the parts are pre-made in a controlled environment where less waste is created. It reduces carbon emissions.
- Earthquake and Cyclone Resistant: Prefabricated modular buildings are specifically designed to withstand extreme weather conditions, and our modular products meet current seismic and anticyclonic building standards. They may take damage, but they very rarely collapse, making them an excellent option for use in earthquake zones.
- Versatile: All the modular constructions Modular-T produce come in a range of standard sizes or can be custom-made and fitted to suit your location and requirements. We offer various fixtures, fittings, floor coverings, paint colours, security features, internet, and network connections. Our prefab units come pre-cut with the necessary utility connections and sockets.
- Portable: Temporary Modular Constructions are built in the factory and then shipped to your site for use. They come flat-packed and are designed to be quickly assembled and dismantled using just a few hands and simple tools. You can erect most prefabricated temporary buildings in just a few hours, although more significant modular constructions can take longer. A trained assembly team can attend where necessary.
The Environmental Benefits of Prefabricated Construction
One of the reasons that prefabricated buildings are becoming so popular is that they are far greener and more environmentally friendly than most conventional buildings.
The strict factory-controlled processes employed during making prefabricated constructions ensure waste material is kept to a minimum, and a lot of what results can be recycled. Most prefabricated buildings Module-T produce can be placed on simple foundations, meaning there’s minimal impact on the land, so the location can recover quickly when the structure is moved.
Extending and relocating modular buildings also means they can be repurposed, thereby eliminating the need and expense to build again. Plus, modular constructions are built to be cost-effective and highly energy efficient, making them far more environmentally friendly.
Get a Quote from Module-T Today!
Please contact us if you want to know more about modular construction in Turkey or are considering purchasing a prefabricated building for your site. Our sales and support team speak English and French and will be happy to assist.