Is It Easy To Install A Modular Container? | Module-T18 September 2023
Modular containers are a utility that serves storage and space capabilities in many ways. But how challenging is it to install a modular container? Read this blog to understand more!
Understanding Modular Containers
Modular containers are specialized storage or transportation units designed to be easily combined or stacked to create more robust, custom storage or transportation solutions. Larger constructions, typically 20 to 40 feet long and 8 feet wide, can be made by piling them. To create the desired pattern, they will be stacked or arranged in a variety of ways, and they can be modified to add windows, doors, and other features.
Advantages of Modular Container Installation
Modular container construction offers the following advantages:
- Rapid And Straightforward Installation:
Modular container assembly usually takes a few days to finish. Because of this, they are incredibly well suited for temporary or emergency buildings. The top and lower frames are pre-assembled by the manufacturer.
- Solid And Durable:
Modular containers are made of sturdy, weather-resistant materials, making them a wise choice for frequent use in various environments. The sandwich panels are provided with a painted and galvanized finish.
Modular containers offer a less expensive alternative to conventional construction methods because they are easily expandable or movable. Ten sets of typical building site containers, each measuring 6 meters in length and offering a 15-square-meter surface, may be transported in a single 40-foot sea container. It can also bring five sets of typical building site containers, each with a 30-square-meter space and measuring 12 meters in length.
Module-T uses prefabricated modules for modular container construction, taking sustainability into consideration. It ensures energy efficiency and the absence of harmful chemicals during assembly, with the added benefit of 100% recyclability for all on-site and off-site materials, making it an eco-friendly choice.
Step-By-Step Guide To Installing A Modular Container
Modular container installation involves step-by-step processes. The following are some of the main procedures needed to install a modular container:
- Site preparation: The first step while you set up modular containers is to prepare the site. It involves clearing the land, removing stumbling blocks, and making a flat base.
- Foundation Setup: Depending on the size and weight of the container, a foundation is required. Soil properties need to be checked before modular container construction. Concrete foundations, along with piers or pilings, are the most used for laying foundations.
- Placing the Modular Container: Once the base is in place, you can proceed with the assembly of modular containers. A crane or forklift is typically employed for this.
- Utility Connections: The modular container must be connected to utility connections such as water, sewage, electricity, and gas. It could be necessary to dig a trench and run wiring or pipes.
- Interior Setup: The interior of the container must be configured after it has been wired for utilities. It may require installing walls, furniture, and flooring.
Challenges In Modular Container Installation
Take account of the following factors before you build modular container for immediate installations or transportation:
- Safety Considerations: Modular containers must be handled carefully to avoid accidents as they are heavy and bulky.
- Cost and Time Efficiency: Depending on the complexity and scale of the project, the cost and time efficiency of the installation of modular containers may differ.
- Environmental Impact: Even if recycled materials are used in the majority of these storage facilities, there is still a potential that waste may be produced throughout the manufacturing and shipping processes.
The simplicity of installing a modular container depends on a number of factors. Consider the advantages and disadvantages carefully to ensure it is the right choice for your project.